Friday, September 26, 2008

I've Made it to the End!

The end is in sight. I certainly didn't think I would manage to finish everything in the time given. Fortunately having broadband now has definitely made a difference. No more frustration waiting for things to load.


Did I enjoy doing this? Some exercises were interesting to do and maybe one day I will look through the notes and decide to go back to some of the sites and have a further look at them.
It was interesting to see what won/got placed in the Web 2.0 awards and I enjoyed looking at Zoho, Library Thing and Del.ico.us.

What have I gained? Apart from knowing now that such sites exist it hasn't made me any keener to use the internet than before, exept if I am looking for something specific. However, for people doing research then the information on the internet is amazing and I can see why so many people spend so much time on it.

What have I learned? The art of personal communication (face to face) seems to be taking a back step in favour of internet communication, which is a real shame. Teenagers, especially, and a lot of adults mostly seem to want to communicate by technology, either by social networking on the internet or by texting on mobile phones. How are they going to manage later when they have to personally communicate with work colleagues and the general public.

Will the internet take over from the printed copy eventually? I do hope not.

2 comments:

NSL Training Support Team said...

Well done Trixie,you have given us a great blog to read with some thoughtful comments.
You have come a long way- congratulations on sticking with the programme, especially in the days before broadband!

madmothette said...

Thanks Trixie for your interesting blogs. I agree with your opinion on "Facebook" which I find very intrusive on personal life. Also reading how many useful sites and tools you have found since doing the 23 steps has been encouraging for me.
Thanks for sharing