Friday, September 12, 2008

You Tube

It is fascinating to see all the different videos on 'You Tube'. Broadband is wonderful. I can now download them in seconds, whereas before they stopped and started and my server usually cut me off before they had fully loaded. I went looking for Joan Baez singing 'A Long Black Veil' and got lots of videos of her singing, but not that song. Then I found a variety of artists singing the song, but not the version I like. What amazed me was that some of the videos were made long before the Web and You Tube. I eventually settled on one from the BBC announcing the forthcoming contestants for the upcoming programme 'Strictly Come Dancing' as a friend and I had recently been discussing it. Here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbQ1LTxHFjg

I couldn't embed it, but I was able to send it to my email and then I copied and pasted the link.

I looked at some of the Library videos and thought the one of the race around the library, finding information, was a good idea, especially as a way of children/young adults learning how to use the resources.

No comments: